How to make Gobi Manchurian Recipes
Gobi Manchurian Recipes
Gobi Manchurian is made from Cauliflower florets also known as Gobi or Gobhi. This recipe of Gobi Manchurian has a sauce. If you are looking for a dry version then you can check this gobi manchurian dry recipe or you can also check the notes section in the recipe details below.
This Indo Chinese recipe of Gobi Manchurian pairs very well with some steamed rice or plain noodles. Also excellent with some rotis or naan.
There are few more manchurian recipes in the blog like Paneer Manchurian, Dry Mushroom Manchurian, Veg Manchurian, Baby Corn Manchurian and Mushroom Manchurian with Sauce.
If you are looking for more indo chinese recipes then do check veg hakka noodles, veg fried rice, sesame veg toast, chilli mushroom and sweet and sour vegetables recipe.
Gobi Manchurian Recipes
- prep time 45 mins
- cook time 20 mins
- total time 1 hour 5 mins
- 1 small bunch finely chopped spring onion (scallions), approx ⅔ to ¾ cup finely chopped spring onions whites. reserve the greens for garnish
- 3 tsp finely chopped ginger/adrak
- 3 tsp finely chopped garlic/lahsun
- ½ tbsp chopped celery, optional
- ¼ or ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- ½ or 1 tbsp soya sauce or add as per your taste
- 1 tbsp corn starch + ¼ cup water to make the corn starch paste
- 1 to 1.5 tbsp oil
- 1 & ½ cups water
- salt as required
how to make the recipe:
- preparing the florets:
- Firstly clean and break the gobi in to medium sized or big florets. Boil water with salt and keep the florets in the salted water for 15-20 minutes. You can also boil the gobi for 3-4 minutes in plenty of salted water.
- Drain and dry on a clean cloth.
- 1. To add some sweet notes to the sauce, you can also add 1 or 2 tbsp tomato sauce to the gravy.
- This recipe is for gravied gobi manchurian. You can make dry gobi manchurian by not adding water. Instead of water you add the fried florets, soya sauce, black pepper and salt. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon cornflour on the florets and stir fry for 2 minutes. Serve gobi manchurian hot with chilli-garlic sauce or tomato sauce.
- 3. The dry gobi manchurian can be served as a starter or a side vegetable.
- 4. Fry the gobi florets in oil which is neither too hot nor warm.
- 5. You can substitute dry red chillies instead of green chillies. Just crush them and use.
- 6. You could also use fine strips of capsicum in the recipe.
- 7. Ajinomoto can be completely avoided in the recipe or used sparingly.
- 8. If you like the taste of red chilli sauce or tomato sauce, you could use these sauces too.
Back to Recipes